Immigration and Passports
At the passport desk a Border Control officer will ask to see your passport or travel document and any supporting documentation necessary for your visit. Please remember that your passport and Russian
When you arrive, you will first pass through passport control. Migration card needs to be filled out before that, it will be handed out during your flight to Russia. This cards consist of two identical parts printed either side-to-side or top-to-bottom. Both parts need to be filled out, in either English or Russian.
The card is straightforward to complete, but here are some hints:
- Under ‘Given name(s)’, print both your first and middle names.
- Leave ‘Patronymic’ blank.
- Remember to list dates by day/month/year.
- For ‘Passport or other ID’, write ‘passport’ and fill out the number.
- For ‘Purpose of travel’, underline ‘Tourism’ or ‘Business’.
- Under ‘Name of host person or company’, write the name of company which issued your invitation.
Having filled out the card, you can proceed to passport control. Make sure you choose the line for foreign nationals. A Border Control officer will take your passport and migration card from you and stamp your passport and the card, removing one half of the card and placing the other half in your passport.
It is very important that you do not lose your migration card. If you do, you will need to pay a fine.
When departing, make sure you have a copy of your Russian visa registration, otherwise you may be fined. The fine is about USD 200, or RUB 5,000. Once you have passed through passport control, you will be in the international area.
Migration card sample